|Plan||Hike the main Eastern Township Trail (Sentiers de l'Estrie) from Richmond to the USA border. Connect to the Vermont Long Trail and keep hiking.|
|Where||Eastern Townships, province of Quebec, Canada. I will hike the main trail that goes from Richmond to the US border.|
|Expected Duration||One week|
|Why||Long distance hiking in Canada is not as popular or reknown as in the United States. I wish to explore local trails and support local organizations who develop these trails.|
|Detailed Plan||● Get to Richmond, QC. I am hoping family members will be available to drop me off.
● Hike the trail to the USA border.
● Road walk in Canada from the southern terminus of the Sentiers de l'Estrie to the Northern terminus of the Long Trail in Vermont.
● Hike the Vermont Long Trail
|Useful trip information I gathered||● Because of land access issues, membership with the Sentiers de l'Estrie organization is mandatory to hike the trail.
● Maps of the trail can be purchased on the trail association website. Membership is required to be able to purchase the maps.
|Main anticipated difficulties||● Road walks to link sections
● Dogs on farms and private properties
|Useful links||● Estrie Trails official website (French only)|